No. 7 Squadron Short Stirling Mk.III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers lads, appreciated as always! Will do some more this weekend, paint the floor black etc...

Great looking bird there Boats!

Good start Jan. Seeing this and what Dirk is doing with his assembly ship thread has seriously got me thinking of going to 1/72 for the heavies, staying with 1/48 for single and twin engine.

Geo

Real nice start there Jan. I have this kit in the stash and bring it down every now and then thinking of making a start on it, but the rivets scare me off. Have you decided how to deal with them yet? I'd love to leave them but I'm afraid all the sanding of not great seams will loose a lot of them. I don't really feel like completely taking them off and re-scribing panel lines. Maybe just toning them down so they're barely visible so any ones obliterated won't be so noticeable.

Glenn, the way I did it on the Halifax was to run a scalpel blade over them, sort of shaving, but using the reverse of the blade. This removes the 'bumps', but leaves a sort of 'ghost image', which looks just right under paint.

I'll leave mine alone me think, don't mind them, this is me back in the early teens! :lol:

How's this then old boy?

DSCF0004-149.jpg

DSCF0006-109.jpg

This is coming along nicely. I especially liked the youtube vid of the Sterling which led me to a vid on the Typhoon. Great stuff. I love watching those old clips

Cheers lads, appreciated as always!
She is one big girl the Stirling!

Btw, am I wrong, or did Airfix release their B.III with the same boxart as the B.I, G for George, which came with an open bomb bay plus bombs, or have I put my fingers one time too many in them holes in the wall?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back