No. 7 Squadron Short Stirling Mk.III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Me think I'll do a Hampden from No. 49 Squadron

They received their first Hampdens in September 1938 and they carried out the attack of the Dortmund-Ems Canal in 12 August 1940.

See that they were based at Scampton March 1938 to January 1943 and were detached to Kinloss in Jan/Feb 1940 again in Feb/Mar 1940 for ops with
Coastal Command.

They flew the Handley Page Hampden I from late 1935 to April 1942..

First Operational Mission in WWII:

3rd September 1939 : Armed reconnaissance over North Sea as far as Horns
Reef Lightship by 3 Hampdens.

FBE6A606_5056_A318_A8AE6D4407B5025A.gif

FC8DB710_5056_A318_A8D2E39223FED0B6.gif

Last edited:
Here's the plan of Oakington old bean. Also got some of the well-known series of Brown's colour pics of the Stirlings being bombed-up if you want them?

Attachments

• Can Jan 629.jpg
    Can Jan 629.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 98
Cool, good on ya Jan!

If you want a quick though inaccurate PE set for it, get the Airwaves fret. For all you'll see in, it still looks the part, though there are some glaring errors (the biggest not making the cut out for the upper window behind the cockpit!)

Well, we'll have a walk through, when I get it then... :lol: Thanks for the offer...

Still waiting for my Short Stirling! :(

Well, she finally arrived to day, the wee lass, noticed also that she's a child of '75....so she's 37 years young the girl! 8)
Have to say that I was pleasantly surprised, that everything was still sealed in the factory bag and being reasonably straight and even!
Isn't too bad when it comes to the.....b*ll*cks, meltdown here....overrun with the plastic either, which is good, means that the molds
were still in a good shape when she was born. Tractor looks good and so does the four(!) bomb trollies as well, bombload consist of 16 bombs!
Painting should be fun, especially the crew, everything is so tiny!
Oh, really like the engines! 8)
Now, only wait to recieve my Hampden while in Sweden! :lol:

DSCF0001-191.jpg

DSCF0002-175.jpg

DSCF0003-166.jpg

DSCF0004-142.jpg

DSCF0005-129.jpg

DSCF0006-104.jpg

DSCF0007-91.jpg

DSCF0008-88.jpg

Jolly good old chap! And just in case you need to know, the 'Elsan' toilet was right at the rear end, on the port side, just next to the ladder which went up and over the tail plane spar for access to the rear turret ......

I own the same kit. Assuming you F*ck it up after a night of revelry, I might gladly send you the part you will have certainly abused. Just ask my friend. :lol:

Just out of curiosity, what did she cost you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back