North Korea.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just been watching a program about North Korea.....:shock: Talk about brainwashed! Bl**dy h*ll.....
I've seen a few North Korean propaganda films. Pure comedy gold! My favorite yammered on and on about how Kim Jong-il is a great fashion designer. There he was, inspecting dozens of girls, all wearing these horrible outfits; all the while the narrator is praising the fashion acumen of the great leader. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is a picture of Asia at night, just look at the difference

dprk_at_night.jpg

Scary stuff! The whole country seems to live in the stone age

We can always hope. My father never thought that he would see Germany reunited.

DBII

I know....I never thought that I'd see the day when there were no Warsaw Pact and as you say a reunited Germany...good stuff though.

You can always hope...

Have you ever been there?

Beirut is actually quite nice - true there are a lot of damaged buildings, but it's no worse than any place that has redevelopment going on. Great restaurants, cinemas, shops, nice views over the sea, warm climate - It used to equal Paris as a tourist destination, but being in and out of the war zone all the time has made it 'iffy' There's a lot of reconstruction now, so I'm guessing that with a bit of luck it will be a tourist place again...

Iraq on the other hand, I have not been to, and somehow think it'll take 100 years to improve to non-shithole status...

Have you ever been there?

Beirut is actually quite nice - true there are a lot of damaged buildings, but it's no worse than any place that has redevelopment going on. Great restaurants, cinemas, shops, nice views over the sea, warm climate - It used to equal Paris as a tourist destination, but being in and out of the war zone all the time has made it 'iffy' There's a lot of reconstruction now, so I'm guessing that with a bit of luck it will be a tourist place again...

Iraq on the other hand, I have not been to, and somehow think it'll take 100 years to improve to non-shithole status...

I have been to many places in the Middle East and yes it is a **** hole for the most part.

True there are some nicer places such as Dubai or Bahrain but overall for the most part the whole place is a litter box.

Good enough - I'm always in favour of personal experience when it comes to condemning a country or region, I mean everyone has an opinion, but that's mostly based on hearsay, rather than having been there...

Course it works all ways - I have no difficulty with describing the US as a 'bleak, soulless wasteland' based on spending 2 days at a factory in Pennsylvania... BUT I got the the chance to go to NY and the Metropolitan Museum, which is just gob-smackingly good and completely redeemed the place in my eyes...

Hmm, rambling a bit, but what it comes down to is this: By all means say that somewhere 'sucks' but back it up with something eh?

I do not have any sources and cannot look up anything at this time because I am at work but how about the fact the the population is staving and the leadership is living the high life. The situation is about is bad as it gets in an under developed nation. The photo posted says it all.

DBII

Users who are viewing this thread

Back