nose arts

rollie

Airman
15
0
Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Location
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Website
www.guertin.com
my 2 newest Lancaster nose arts...the McColl-Frontenac indian head one was my test piece...then the 419 Moose squadron is the first in a series I want to do. Its about 28 inches X 29...riveted aluminum then I framed them with rough lumber to resemble shipping crates....the pilots name is a pilot from that squadron that didnt make it back.
 

Attachments

  • #1-419Sq..JPG
    #1-419Sq..JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 149
  • SeriesTest.JPG
    SeriesTest.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 154
Great work. I love the moose.

DBII
 
Nice, Rollie..... what do you do with them when they're finished ?

Charles

One is on loan to the Toronto Aerospace Museum , thats the Ruhr Express one, these 2 are on my website for sale, and theres another big one 4 ft. X 6 ft. in my garage waiting to be framed.
 
Very cool Rollie!
 
Awesome work there Rollie :)
 
Excellent work Rollie. It's nice to see the old school trade still being applied nowadays since everything has pretty much gone to vinyl lettering. I remember when I started trucking about 28 years ago I had every truck I bought done hand lettered and pinstriped and it was always cool to watch the guy at work with the steady hand and a flair for the artwork.

Dale
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back