Not an aircraft....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

plheure2

Senior Airman
Nov 9, 2009
Massachusetts, USA
.... but a Tamiya Willy's Jeep in 1/35 scale. No less an authority than General of the Army Dwight D. Eisenhower stated that the Jeep was one of the most important pieces of Allied equipment that helped to win WW II. Hope you like it. Comments welcome.
045.JPG

046.JPG

047.JPG

048.JPG

049.JPG

I built this Jeep for my father as part of a diarama I'm putting together entitled "Panzer Column!", centered on action in the town of Krefeld, Germany in late March-- early April, 1945, when my dad won a bronze starfor spotting and reporting a Panzer column that had tried to enter the freshly liberated town.

He was with the 84th Infantry Division (Railsplitters) in Intelligence.

Very nicely done ! Just one thing though - considering the dried mud on the tyres, the rest of the vehicle, particularly under the wheel arches, and in the foot wells, looks a bit clean. Great job overall though, and I hope you post some pics of the diorama.

The mud on the wheels looks like the real stuff, is it the Mig 'dry mud'? I've recently got hold of a pot of this although not used it much yet it does look good.

P232.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back