Nothing like flying blubber to start your day... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

sabrina

Airman 1st Class
My apologies if this has already been posted somewhere before...did a search and couldn't find anything. Nothing says "good morning" like being bathed in flying blood, blubber, and guts.

"A whale intended for research exploded on a Taiwanese street, soaking passersby in blood and guts.

The sperm whale, which had died on the beach and was being transported back in 2004 through Tainan for study, burst because of gases building up in its body from decomposition. It soaked several cars and curious pedestrians nearby, forcing residents and business owners to wear masks to clean up the debris.

"What a stinking mess. This blood and other stuff that blew out on the road is disgusting, and the smell is really awful," commented one resident.

The whale weighed 50 tons and was 55 feet long, making it the largest ever found in Taiwan. It was taken to a Tainan university, which sent it on to the Shi-Tsao natural preserve for study. The whale's girth took 13 hours, three large lifting cranes and 50 workers to get the creature on trailer truck for its final trip.

Despite the mammal's grisly explosion, enough of the whale remained for it to be researched by marine biologists."

Attachments

• whalespill.jpg
    whalespill.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 997
Right outside a Chinese restaurant
might give it a couple of months before I eat there... :)

Edit: I guess it might be a Taiwanese restaurant being in Taiwan and all that

Now I want to see the picture of all the areas stray Cats converging onto the scene.
Glad I don't own either of the two Scooters behind the trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back