Obituaries

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sad to report but legendary aviation artist Robert Taylor has passed away. For my money, one of the most outstanding aviation artists...period. Here's some of his work:

Last edited:
Erik Nielsen, who served as deputy prime minister in Brian Mulroney's Conservative government, died Thursday at his home in Kelowna, B.C. He was 84.
Mulroney followed his deputy today.

I wish he could have got us those SSNs. They would've been gone by now, but maybe replaced with new nukes.

Last edited:
LETTER1.jpg

LETTER2.jpg

HONOLULU — Richard C. "Dick" Higgins, one of the few remaining survivors of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, has died, a family member said Wednesday. He was 102.

Higgins died at home in Bend, Oregon, on Tuesday of natural causes, granddaughter Angela Norton said.

Higgins was a radioman assigned to a patrol squadron of seaplanes based at the Hawaii naval base when Japanese planes began dropping bombs on the morning of Dec. 7, 1941.

He recounted in a 2008 oral history interview how he was in his bunk inside a screened-in lanai, or porch, on the third floor of his barracks when the bombing began.

"I jumped out of my bunk and I ran over to the edge of the lanai and just as I got there, a plane went right over the barracks," he said, according to the interview by the National Museum of the Pacific War in Fredericksburg, Texas.

He estimated the plane was about 50 feet to his side and 100 feet above his barracks. He described "big red meatballs" on the plane, in reference to the red circular emblem painted on the wings and fuselages of the Japanese aircraft.

"So, there was no doubt what was happening in my mind, because of the things that had been going on," he said.

:salute:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back