Official Sig / Avatar test Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

right, i couldn't find the other wallpaper thread and didn't wanna start my own thread for this, so here we are.........

right, which of these should i use as my desktop wallpaper?? you can suggest any other harrier shots if you wish..........

source for all images- www.royalnavy.mod.uk

Attachments

• harrier_419.jpg
    harrier_419.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 334
  • harrier_2_203.jpg
    harrier_2_203.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 321
  • harrier_3_105.jpg
    harrier_3_105.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 335
ok I am going to play the dumb american here as I know about zilch on the Harrier. why such a steep ramp on the small carrier in the first pic ? understand it can make a vertical to ground landing but ...........

E ~

yes that's the Ski-jump, angled up by 15 degrees it allows the harrier to start it's take off roll from just before the start of the ramp and, from a standing start, without the need for a catapult, the harrier can take off in a very short distance without having to take off vertically which limits payload, when the harrier wants to land he'll fly up along side the ship, come to starboard until she's over the deck, and hover down vertically for a much safer landing than the conventional hook and runway method..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back