OK, Time To Buy a 1/32nd F4U Corsair....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here we go....

DSCF0003-20.jpg

DSCF0002-22.jpg

Btw Dan, I checked, and I do not have any red surround stars in my stash in 1/32. I have some 1/48th ones, but I know that doesn't really help much, but it seems you're good to go. The thing about that Kagero book though is I've seen other profiles with a dark blue splotch under the number, so I don't know if you have any pictures other than what's in Gamble's book that I don't have, so you'd be able to tell what's what in regards to that.

Dan, I know you probably already have this picture, but I'd like to point a couple things out.

Boyington-883.jpg

In my above post I mentioned the blue splotch, well it can be clearly seen here in this photo. It looks to be the same blue as the roundel. Also, you can see the over painted red surround above the roundel.

Thanks Cory, yea I had that pic but urs is of better quality... I knew of the blue splotch under the 88, and its only on one side... Ur pic is going to provide me with the high level of detail Im gonna need...

It is a filthy, nasty lookin crate huh??? They all were, pilots, planes and ground crew...

Great pic Cory. I guess they were all too busy to keep things parade-ground clean!
It looks like the surround to the stars and bars had been painted red, then overpainted in blue. The surround to the roundel looks slighly different, and I think this is due to the angle; the lighing gives a slightly different tone, and I'm virtually certain this is the blue over the red. So, looks like you're good to go with the standard kit decals Dan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back