On The Deck

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

low.jpg

Jeez! If that's real, it really is a case of acute anal flutter !!!

Just had a closer look. There's a wire or cable beneath the F-100. Was this some sort of ramp-launch test, maybe from the 'hangar' which was possibly designed for a ship's deck ?

I think it was for ultra short takeoff trials with a rocket motor that you can just make out...or, I could be completely wrong. I thought the Germans were interested in this type of apparatus seeing as they were on the front line of the cold war.

Yep, ya got me - but it looks so good just as it leaves the shed! Almost like a real James Bond/Octopussy scenario.

shed.jpg

Thanks Andy. I must admit, having noted the 'heat signature' behind the Sabre, over the wall and windows of the tower, i did think it was real. It was just what appeared to be the 'extreme nonchalance' of the guys in the background that made me wonder !

The F-100 shot now explains all - I have a colour pic of a German F-104 in a ZEL trial.

Great slice of Canada's history in the North .... tough men ... tough mission. Thank you. I remember Spartan clearly. Vampire jets that had been retired from the RCAF were used for petroleum surveys in Venezuela, IIRC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back