On The Deck

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

14158223311_bac3541e1c_h.jpg
Bf 109 G-6/R6 W.Nr. unknown, I./JG 27, Fels am Wagram, early 1944. Source: Wochenschau via mashpedia.com.[/url] by Marc-André Haldimann, on Flickr[/IMG]
14158223311_bac3541e1c_h.jpg

... and it is retracted at speed?

To be honest I don't remember. Mostly it was used while taxing .... But I'll try to find out.

I was talking to my friend who is the pilot flown all types of the Su planes in Poland. It was possible to use the periscope at the speed but they did that very rarely. Mostly it was used while taxing, taking off and landing.

I believe that might be a shot taken from PA474 of the BBMF, on one of the Dam Buster commemorative flights over the Derwent dam in Derbyshire, UK, not far from where I live.
However, just looking at the state of the paintwork, and the apparent colour of the spinner, it might possibly have been taken during the filming of 'The Dam Busters', where the same location was used.
This was one of the lakes and dams used by 617 Sqn during practice for the dams raid.

I believe that might be a shot taken from PA474 of the BBMF, on one of the Dam Buster commemorative flights over the Derwent dam in Derbyshire, UK, not far from where I live.
However, just looking at the state of the paintwork, and the apparent colour of the spinner, it might possibly have been taken during the filming of 'The Dam Busters', where the same location was used.
This was one of the lakes and dams used by 617 Sqn during practice for the dams raid.
During Filming for the movie.

I've corrected the original post

A lot going on in the top pic

EDIT: What I found out about the top pic..

Pilot Omar Lockyear flying his plane through a breakaway church steeple while filming the lost 1920 movie "The Skywayman". Note the two stuntmen plummeting to the earth. Lockyear survived this stunt, but died in another one a few months late

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back