Oostwold Airshow, June 5th 2017.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks chaps.
A couple more of the P-40s, and the start of the Spitfire and Mustang display, with the Dutch Spitfire, and Norwegian P-51D.

Oost 127.jpg
Oost 128.jpg
Oost 129.jpg
Oost 130.jpg
Oost 131.jpg
Oost 132.jpg
Oost 133.jpg
Oost 134.jpg
Oost 135.jpg

Thanks again my friend. Some of them could be better, but a bank of darker cloud came in for a while during the end of the Spit and Mustang display, lasting during the four-ship Spitfire display which followed, causing some exposure problems.

A few fairly poor shots of the Spitfire formation, and I must apologise to Marcel for being (jokingly) blase, when I said "What, only four !", being accustomed to seeing 12 or more at Duxford !
This was quite a sight for aviation fans in the Netherlands, and I forget how lucky we are in the UK, to have so many Spitfires airworthy.
The Law of Sod deemed that the sky turned fairly dull for this display !

Oost 156.jpg
Oost 157.jpg
Oost 158.jpg
Oost 159.jpg
Oost 160.jpg
Oost 161.jpg
Oost 162.jpg
Oost 163.jpg
Oost 164.jpg
Oost 165.jpg

Oost 166.jpg
Oost 167.jpg
Oost 168.jpg
Oost 169.jpg
Oost 170.jpg
Oost 171.jpg
The next two posts show the Air Combat Europe team, with their ultralight aircraft with the odd name of 'Black Shape Prime', an extremely interesting and quite fast and agile tandem-seat aircraft, with a 'glass' cockpit, and powered by Rotax engines.
These were equipped for simulated air combat, and flown by former F-16 pilots - who had the benefit of a very attractive ground crew member !
The images are not as sharp as i would like, due to hand-holding the camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back