Oostwold Airshow, June 5th 2017.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I can recommend it Paul - great place, great people, and a relaxed atmosphere.
Given that this was held on a small, grass airstrip, more or less in the back of beyond, the organisation throughout was possibly the best I've seen at any airshow, with superb traffic and car-parking control, no traffic jams, easy access and exit and, although there were in excess of 20,000 people, there was plenty of space and open areas, and no congestion.
First pics below show the airfield area and approach roads on the Saturday before the show. The entrance, at the west end of the field, is behind the white 'Security' car in the first pic, whilst in the second pic, looking the other way, the white marquee beneath the trees is the main car park, charging only 2 Euros ($2.25, £1.75) for a full day parking !

Oost 80.jpg
Oost 81.jpg
Oost 66.jpg
Oost 67.jpg
Oost 68.jpg
Oost 69.jpg
Oost 70.jpg
Oost 71.jpg
Oost 72.jpg
Oost 73.jpg

I can recommend it Paul - great place, great people, and a relaxed atmosphere.
Given that this was held on a small, grass airstrip, more or less in the back of beyond, the organisation throughout was possibly the best I've seen at any airshow, with superb traffic and car-parking control, no traffic jams, easy access and exit and, although there were in excess of 20,000 people, there was plenty of space and open areas, and no congestion.
First pics below show the airfield area and approach roads on the Saturday before the show. The entrance, at the west end of the field, is behind the white 'Security' car in the first pic, whilst in the second pic, looking the other way, the white marquee beneath the trees is the main car park, charging only 2 Euros ($2.25, £1.75) for a full day parking !

Thanks for the info Terry, will keep that in mind. Great set of pictures :)

You got some good ones there Karl.

More of the Thunder Yaks, and the start of the Norseman display from me .....

Oost 76.jpg
Oost 77.jpg
Oost 78.jpg
Oost 79.jpg
Oost 82.jpg
Oost 83.jpg
Oost 84.jpg
Oost 85.jpg

Last edited:
Oost 86.jpg
Oost 87.jpg
Oost 88.jpg
Oost 89.jpg
Oost 91.jpg
Oost 92.jpg
Oost 93.jpg
Oost 94.jpg
Oost 95.jpg
Oost 96.jpg
More of the Norseman, and the Fokker Four, plus the Beech 18 taxing for its display.

Oost 87.jpg
Oost 88.jpg
Oost 89.jpg
Oost 91.jpg
Oost 92.jpg
Oost 93.jpg
Oost 94.jpg
Oost 95.jpg
Oost 96.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back