Opinion Sort - Who uses an Optivisor

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You mean those things you wear around your head with the magnifiers? If so, I got myself one a few months back after I broke my magnifier light. I like it actually. It's item A in the below link, without the light. It came with the 1.75 power lens and I also bought the 2.75 which I found to be rather useless for most work as you need to hold the work very close. The only knock I have against it is that the depth of field is quite limited so you have to be pretty miuch exactly the focal length away from your work. Fits over glasses which is also nice. At a quarter of the price of a good desk top magnifier light, it's a win for me.

Binocular Magnifier Visor Light - Lee Valley Tools

That was one of the tools my dad had that I got (along with 45,000 models!!) after he passed away but I tried to use it and just didn't get comfortable for me. Still have it and may use it still.

Yes Cr, that's the ones I mean. I was considering a set, but was wondering what the best set up was and practical value of use. I don't use a magnifying light either, so are these better, irrespective of cost?

Cheers

Peter

No sorry, but I've seen a lot of junk at the local Office Depot stores so beware. I'd be wary of what you get on E-Bay because you can't tell what's likley to break on you. The one I had was pretty good quality and was about $150 (unfortunatley I don't recall the brand) and yet it still had a white metal component that cracked on me. My wife got it for me as a birthday present. If you know any jewellers, they use some high end ones but now we're talking big bucks methinks.

Pete,
I picked up a decent desktop magnifier light from Bunnings Hardware for about $60. Might be worth checking your local hardwares lighting section.
Just a thought,
David.

Florence , could you replace your avatar withg something less dangling? Please....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back