Oshkosh 2018

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
I am seriously considering returning to Oshkosh in 2018. I know Jason cannot go next year so I am looking for someone who would like to attend with me. I plan on driving next year leaving on Friday July 20th which will get me there for the weekend before the show arrivals days.It is a 12 hour drive from my place. I plan on coming home on Sunday July 29th.

If you are interested in traveling with me or meeting me in Oshkosh and rooming together at the University for the week on a cost sharing basis let me know and we will work together to make this event happen.

It is never too early to start to plan.

The actual dates for Oshkosh are Monday July 23rd to Sunday July 30th but as I say, getting there for the 21st and 22nd will allow you to catch many arrivals.

Cheers,

Jeff

I will most likely be working the show next year as well. I work with a news agency, so all the accomodations are worked out in advance, but it would be cool to see if other members come out to it to and get a group together for a post show dinner or to hang out.

It's on the bucket list but I also need to book a 25th anniversary vacation around that time. And no, the wife would not appreciate Oshkosh! Maybe, just maybe....

Been doing some initial digging, and I think it would be beyond my current budget. There are a couple of Ian Allen tours to the event, but they are both in excess of £2,000 before any meals and other expenses etc., so with travel to London, Heathrow, car parking, UK hotel etc, it would be over £2,500.
Think I'll stick with the possibility of Normandy next year.

Been doing some initial digging, and I think it would be beyond my current budget. There are a couple of Ian Allen tours to the event, but they are both in excess of £2,000 before any meals and other expenses etc., so with travel to London, Heathrow, car parking, UK hotel etc, it would be over £2,500.
Think I'll stick with the possibility of Normandy next year.

Terry, airfare to Toronto and a passport is all you need. I will do the driving, get you to and from the airport and be your unofficial Oshkosh guide if that makes it doable for ya.

Jeff

I'll have a think about it Jeff, as I've always wanted to go to Oshkosh.
However, it's about the same time as Karl and I, possibly with Andy too, were thinking of doing a bit of a European tour, probably Normandy, and maybe an airshow either in France of the UK to round it off.

Hope you guys can make it, Jeff as you know I will be there along with my son and betting Eric as well. If there is anything I can help out as well let me know, it is practically in my back yard LOL.

I'll have a think about it Jeff, as I've always wanted to go to Oshkosh.
However, it's about the same time as Karl and I, possibly with Andy too, were thinking of doing a bit of a European tour, probably Normandy, and maybe an airshow either in France of the UK to round it off.
It is nice to have options. I know for 2019 Jason and I are planning a return together so maybe a reunion of sorts could be done then.

Thanks Paul, I still have your number and for sure we will meet up again next year.

Jeff

That would be good Jeff.
The Oostwold airshow, in northern Holland, is back in 2019, in early June, and we'll probably go to that again. So if the timing is right for you both, you could join us, and Marcel. Great little airshow, with plenty of room and very laid back, and a lively area too.

That would be good Jeff.
The Oostwold airshow, in northern Holland, is back in 2019, in early June, and we'll probably go to that again. So if the timing is right for you both, you could join us, and Marcel. Great little airshow, with plenty of room and very laid back, and a lively area too.
Return to Oshkosh is what I meant, not across the pond

Got an email mail from my Buffalo Buddy Jason and it would appear that the brownie points bank he has built up has reached sufficient funds that he is at 90% availability to attend again. It would appear that J and J will be heading west again this summer as the North American dynamic duo. Vintage British Jets are on the sked, Vampire, Venom and Meteor are all confirmed. I have never seen a Venom or Meteor in the air so I am looking forward to that. Doc is returning as well. This year marks the 80th anniversary of the T-6 family of aircraft so I expect alot of snarling round engine types including the Aeroshell display team, the Skytypers and the Canadian Harvard Aerobatic Team.

Always interested to see the "new" warbirds as well.

Cheers,

Jeff

Good to hear you have a travelling partner. I will not make it this year as it will be a busy summer with a Baltic cruise and west coast kayak trip on the sched, not to mention that our Hurricane will likely be finished in the same timeframe, meaning engine runs, ceremonies, and delivery.

Just learned today that Oshkosh 2018 will be celebrating the 100th birthday of the RAF. Salivating at a large gathering of refined British metal and fabric as aircraft from WW! era to modern day stuff are expected.

OOOHHHHHH YAAAAA!

Cheers,

Jeff

Little tease as Oshkosh kicking off yesterday :)

DSC_0721.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back