Oskar Bosch

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Erich

the old Sage
May 20, 2004
Platonic Sphere
friend for many years active glider pilot at many airshow post war on the east coast and former Sturmstaffle 1 and SturmFw pilot in 11 and 14th staffels during spring of 44 till wars end has passed away from colon cancer. An ace with 18 plus victories was informed by Jerry C. this morn via phone, I am numb and saddened at the loss of this kind gentle man, a fighter pilot to the end ..........

E ~

Sad to hear. I used to attend the Canadian International Airshow in Toronto religiously and Oskar was always there. Amazing glider pilot, doing loops and such things until he was very low - over a lake! RIP Oskar.

here is a few I took of Oscar around 2009 I was his driver for the day , his one request was gods Email so he could ask for a longer life

Attachments

• IMG_1313 (1200x900).jpg
    IMG_1313 (1200x900).jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1314 (1200x900).jpg
    IMG_1314 (1200x900).jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 366
I had the joy of knowing and working with Oskar for several year while working at Airshows in Penna. He was a Gentle-man and he adored his wife who was always with him. I share the sadness of his passing. He was a most remarkable glider pilot. He once told me how he flew his glider from Canada (I have forgotten the launch point) to Scranton Penna. He landed on a mountain top clearing only about 10 air miles from the Scranton-WilkesBarre Airport, it was within sight across the valley. He landed because of darkness. I salute you.

I echo all the above, it is very sad to loose these men of history

Attachments

• icon_salute_proper.gif
    icon_salute_proper.gif
    344 bytes · Views: 41
Can't believe I missed this. So sorry to hear. Here are a few pics that I had found on the internet awhile back of his mates and his FW 190.

l_oscar_04.jpg

l_oscar_05.jpg

post9151225220327cb8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back