Osprey announce discontinuation of 200 titles.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
The latest 'E' newsletter from Hannant's has a notification that Osprey have informed them (Hannant's) that they will be discontinuing around 200 of their titles. Hannant's are advising that if a particular book or books are required, to order now, as there will be no replacement stock once current title/stocks are sold out.
I don't know if this is an indication that Osprey might be having problems, but I notice I haven't had an update or quarterly catalogue from them for some time. No doubt time will tell.....

.... Osprey ... will be discontinuing around 200 of their titles. l.....
Hi, I have probably more then 50 Osprey books, specially on uniforms. I'm not planning to sell them but if anyone is desperate to find a book which isn't available any more, he can send me a p.m. and we can see how we can manage.
If the book is out of production I don't think there is any risk to infringe the copyright but, may be a moderator can be more precise on this aspect.
Alberto

you're best bet is just to check their online web-site. wonder which 200 titles to be eliminated, hopeful they will include many of their LW titles

reduction of the titles could be a good thing, Osprey overprints that is a true fact much to the chagrin of real historians. their WW 2 German titles point blank are full of chocked errors. A friend and I almost pleaded that they do not due their terrible Sturmgruppen title, but alas, and now they want to re-do it for future reference........the book is a great for a book end or a fire starter the errors are wide and through from beginning to end in this case. the LW title is another horrid mess up. the profiles are very fanciful even leading into the US fighter monographs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back