Our Old Mate Weary

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Emac44

Staff Sergeant
Oct 17, 2006
Brisbane Queensland
Aussies take note. On ANZAC Day 25th April 2007

The History Channel will be airing a a program close to the hearts and minds of any good Aussie. ON ANZAC Day History Channel will be broadcasting a documentary of Sir Ernest Edward "Weary" Dunlop.

Our Old Mate Weary back on Australian TV screens again. He never left us he just went for a bit of a rest. AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE. One of our truly great Australians. We missed you OLD MATE OF OURS WEARY:salute: :salute:

It means they're going to take over the world, drink four X and say "Oooh, yeah" a lot. :p

Its our war cry to other Aussies Thor. Unlike what Plan says. We would take over the world except for England. Cleaning bill to get the place clean after those English Types infesting the place would cost to much and we could only rent it to the French. The French do not have a sense of smell after eating all that garlic and cheese

I didn't realize you Aussies had such ambitions.

Well, I suppose when you remember how Australia got started as a country by the British................it's not too suprising. ;)

Those poms (English) sent convicts here as punishment. The Joke was they didn't know they sent us to paradise. Bit of a Hard paradise at times but better than living next door to France. Course we are ambitious. Why do you think we keep beating the English at sports they invented. SPORTS TODAY THE WORLD TOMORROW:D :D :D :p :p :p

By the way the documentary about Weary Dunlop is called Weary Dunlop the Quite Lions

What the hell are you guys talking about?? Doesn't anybody know that England is a colony of Australia? People seem to have their history around the wrong way;)

The whole living next to France thing... ... damn ! :lol:

I still maintain that England should apologise for inventing the "sport" of Cricket. And football ... you don't beat us at that, but we draw with Israel ... 'nuff said. :rolleyes: Yet, in the semi-finals of the Champions League - there's three English teams .. with actually enough English players to make up an international squad... somethings wrong there.

Working on ANZAC Day. Perfer to be at the March myself but one has to work public holidays. But the main part those Ex Diggers and Current Diggers and families will be on my train. So I will be there at the MARCH IN SPIRIT taking the people into the city and elsewhere by train that I will be working on Wednesday. By the way Plan does England actually have in sporting teams actual players who were born in England and can claim Anglo Saxon Heritage?

By the way Wild and Jared. I collect the ANZAC Brass Badges from ex servicemen and women. You know the ones sold for Legacy for $5 well last one I got early this week was a depiction of a Lancaster and Crew from 460 Squadron RAAF

I didn't realize you Aussies had such ambitions.

Well, I suppose when you remember how Australia got started as a country by the British................it's not too suprising. ;)

And Sound we also know how the USA got its start English Religious Maniacs mean anything to you

Welch said:
Well, I suppose when you remember how Australia got started as a country by the British................
Australia wasnt started as a country, but as a penal colony for the Empires unwanted and undesireables... The favourable reports of these lands relayed by Lt. James Cook's expedition upon their return to England generated interest in its offered solution to the problem of penal overcrowding in Britain, which had been exacerbated by the loss of its American colonies...

The very first British Crown Colony was in New South Wales, and started with the establishment of a settlement and penal colony at Port Jackson by Captain Arthur Phillip on 26 January 1788... This date was later to become Australia's national day, Australia Day....

Van Diemen's Land, now known as Tasmania, was settled in 1803 and became a separate colony in 1825..... Britain formally claimed the western part of Australia in 1829... Separate colonies were created from parts of New South Wales: South Australia in 1836, Victoria in 1851, and Queensland in 1859.... The Northern Territory (NT) was founded in 1863 as part of the Province of South Australia. New Zealand was part of New South Wales until 1840 when it became a colony. The transportation of convicts to Australia was phased out between 1840 and 1868.

Why u think us Seppos call them Vickies????

Convicts...

The Aussie position???
passout.jpg

Doesnt look like alot of fun...

One time I was hammered and got into a fight with my wife before we were married. I passed out laying on the beach, and she left me there and walked back to the beach house several blocks away. I woke up all alone in the pitch black, did a quick wallet and anus intact check - GOOD TO GO!

She still claims she thought I was just ignoring her and she didn't know I was out cold...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back