P-38F-5A Shark

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Micdrow

“Archive”
Aug 21, 2006
Wisconsin
Hi Guys,

Looking for more info and pictures of this P-38F-5A. Found the profile in Squadron Signals book P-38 in Action number 109.

Any help appreciated in advance.

Thanks Paul

Attachments

• P-38_F-5_Shark.jpg
    P-38_F-5_Shark.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 707
Unusual paint scheme on that one, Paul. I have seen shark mouth painting on the engines in the past. Did you do a google search of the 12th PRS? I am guessing they were part of a composite group.

Hi Eric,

Yeah I have done some basic searches with google on it but so far no luck. I also have went though just about every book I have on the P-38 with no luck. I am guessing a photo exists as to where the profile came from. Kinda of a mystery.

Thanks Paul

Paul, I've gone through my history and I cannot find it. It was a B&W photo of a P-38 with that mouth but I do not remember if Shark or Louise was on it. I came across it while looking at Life's photo archives, warhistoryonline.com, or research on the Chinease AF during WW2. I think it was on Life archieves.

Paul, I've gone through my history and I cannot find it. It was a B&W photo of a P-38 with that mouth but I do not remember if Shark or Louise was on it. I came across it while looking at Life's photo archives, warhistoryonline.com, or research on the Chinease AF during WW2. I think it was on Life archieves.

Thanks for looking David, I know there are P-38's named Louise and I have found other shark mouth P-38's but nothing on this one.

Wojek, thanks for the picture. That one is kind of evil looking if you ask me :)

This is ringing bells Paul. I'll have a look through my stuff and see if I can find anything.

Thanks Terry,

I guess I find this aircraft kinda interesting as there are at least 4 pin up girls on it besides the two names and sharks mouth. Would make for an excellent model if we can find more info on it for some one :)

Thanks again Paul

Thanks for taking the time to look Geo, yeah this one seem as bit strange. Ive found a few close ones but nothing exact on this one.

The 12th Photo Recon Squadron was with the 3rd Recon Group/12th AAF , give that group a try and see if they have a historian that can help ...........................
Johnny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back