P-40 Twin

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have always wondered, why no picture of the front of that mock-up? Maybe we would just see the fire wall?
I think youre right Jim. If there was a gun nose on it it was a very stubby one. I would bet all there was just was the firewall there.

Been struggling with the engines to get them glued on and aligned right and believe I've succeeded with the starboard one. Will have pictures after I get the port one on.

Last edited:
An interesting way of attaching of these engine necelles. A little to be "heavy" for me but interesting... I can't wait to see the final effect.

using the sprue sticks for attachment as well as a mount for the props will help with the nacelle alignment and also make for a very sturdy attachment.

I finished getting the engines on and started work on the new gunn nose. I had the drop tank from a 1/48th scale Monogram Hellcat in my spares box that looked to be the correct width so I cut it up and began putting the nose together.
P9280431.JPG
P9280432.JPG

Last edited:
Last update of the weekend.

Picture 1) More work on the nose and here it is test fitted. I'm very happy with the shape I'm getting from the Hellcat tanks. It still needs a lot of filler and sanding.
P9290433.JPG

Picture 2) I used the rear 1/2 of a drop tank from a 1/48th Monogram P-40C kit for the upper rear nacelles. It worked out better than I had hoped. I'm not going to have it so easy when I tackle the 1/48th version without all these drop tanks available as they would have to be in 1/32nd scale and I don't have anything like that in my spares box.
P9290435.JPG

Picture 3) Work started on the lower nacelles. I have no idea where these parts came from but I had them in the spares box and they looked like they could be made to work. The long sprue stick is not for the landing gear, I just left it there as a temporary handle. It's just a spacer to hold the rear of the nacelles open wider. it will be cut off and filed to shape the more abbreviated rear end of the nacelles.
P9290437.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back