P-40 Twin

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'd be still be struggling to get the courage to attempt this. Coming along nicely Glenn.

Geo
I first saw this done in a magazine article over 13 years ago and bought one of the Heller kits to do it shortly there after, so you really can't say I've jumped right in to do it.
:lol:

Well this one isn't finished but it's getting there.

Been closing up the gaps in the nacelles at the wing leading edge tonight, doing a lot of CA filling and fileing. Two hours - three out of four done, what a pain. Pictures when the last is done.

I finished up the nacelles tonight and did some panel line scribing. In the first two pictures you can see what a jigsaw puzzle of bits and pieces make them up. Everything was filled and leveled out with thick CA and filed and sanded down to 1000 grit. I then glued on the wings as can be seen in the last picture. Some work to be done on that joint and then it'll be on to attaching the nose which will be a lot of filling and sanding. Good thing I have a large bottle of CA.
:lol:
PA220513.JPG
PA220514.JPG
PA220515.JPG

Last edited:
I dressed up the wing joints and glued on the nose. I'll have a lot of filling and filing to do here.
PA230517.JPG
PA230518.JPG

Last edited:
Looking ahead to when I try this in 1/48th scale I have a question. Would a 1/48th scale part used on a 1/72nd scale model look the same as the same 1/32nd scale part used on a 1/48th scale model? If so I can use the drop tanks from a 1/32nd scale Hellcat and P-40 (of even the smaller aluminum tanks off a P-51) for the nose and upper nacelles of the 1/48th scale build. If so, is there anyone out there with these 1/32nd scale tanks in the spares box willing to donate them to the cause?

I think if a shape and dimensions of a part of 1/48 scale fit as a part of 1/72 scale and the same for the 1/32 - 1/48 pieces you can use that.

Smashing work so far Glenn. :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back