P-40 Twin

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks awesome Glen.... hope you can get back to your cockpit project soon lol

Thanks guys. It looks like it would have gone like a bat out of hell, doesn't it.
Now that it's coming together it kind of reminds me of the De Havilland Comet Racer.......on steroids.
061a.jpg
flabob13-comet-02-12.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good Glenn. Looks like a bit of a gap at the joint of the port tail plane though.
I knew someone would notice that one. My fault, and not a gap, but a panel line I engraved over the joint way too deep. I wanted to get the neutral gray on before the glue had set overnight so my engraving tool went too deep. That's what you get for rushing. I should be able to fix it it pretty easily though.

Yep, a bead of PVA will sort that one.
I think I might have the other tanks you need, now that I've looked at the drawing you sent. I'll check and let you know, and get them in the mail when it stopd p*ss*ng down !!

I knew someone would notice that one. My fault, and not a gap, but a panel line I engraved over the joint way too deep.

To be honest there wasn't any engraved panel line in reality. The line is because of the stabilizer/fuselage/fin firing made of aluminium plate riveted to top of their surfaces.

P-40_05.jpg

wam_p-40e_23.jpg

Mvc-005s.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back