P-47 Encounter Reports (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good find, Jank. It's got P-51 reports too. What a wealth of information! It's just tons and tons of dogfights written down, it would be easy to burn a few hours just browsing. It's got some pilots' names as well, I saw some of Francis Gabreski's reports.

Oh boy. There's a LOT of Neat stuff here. My wife is NOT going to be happy about this.

THanks Jank!!

Mike Williams continues to publish a wide range of quality research references..

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/p-47/er/355-gresham-2march44.jpg

The above encounter report is a fight between Walter Gresham and in all probability Egon Mayer.

I have the combat film and it matches the description of Mayer's wingman (left wing blown off in a deflection shot and going into an unrecoverable spin to his death)

His site has a variety of 51 encounter reports as well as history of Scouting Force, Fighter Performance tests, etc.

yes but more like a big, big thank you to member of the forums Mike Williams for offering up these items from his data base to us.

note the 4 kills by ace of the 78th f.g. Robert Green

green1.gif

massively cool!

"... they broke left and the dogfight was on."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back