P-51 Mustang

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the Allies were all interdependent (if it's not a word, I'm making it one! ;) )

Without the yanks, the Brits would have got their asses beat.

But without the... uhhh... well ok, so the U.S was pretty independent 8)

AFAIK the best plane didn't need any Brit help to get it flying well, they just beat the Yanks to using it on carriers operationally ;)

but we are a small country, you cant deny it lanc.... and anyway it would be better saying that we are small cos it makes us sound better than if we say were large :| sorry im just rambling on about crap now

the lancaster kicks ass said:
less of the small cheddar cheese.................
B-17's were better and still are lol,but lancs are pretty good

Attachments

• b17.jpg
    b17.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 852
It flew under the Sydney Harbour bridge for a war bonds promotion. The pilot (and I'd assume the rest of the crew) were pathfinders in Europe before returning to Australia with their plane Q for Queenie. It flew around Australia on a war bonds tour and as a promotion it flew under the bridge. The pilot was Isaacson or something similar. All I can find about it are a couple short paragraphs.

Archer said:
It flew under the Sydney Harbour bridge for a war bonds promotion. The pilot (and I'd assume the rest of the crew) were pathfinders in Europe before returning to Australia with their plane Q for Queenie. It flew around Australia on a war bonds tour and as a promotion it flew under the bridge. The pilot was Isaacson or something similar. All I can find about it are a couple short paragraphs.

I'll have to see what I can find on the Net :D

Thanks, M8 8)

Hot Space

Users who are viewing this thread

Back