P-51 Mustang

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the lancaster kicks ass said:
yeah, but the B-17 had a rubbish payload, i mean 6000lb, that's little more then the mosquito
It doesnt really matter,remember most american planes in ww2 had double row radial engines that put out almost 2500 hp.the 17 only had 4 single row 1200 hp engines,if they made them with double radials it and modifi the bomb bay to be bigger it could probually hold more than the lanc.But yes it is sad because the A1-skyradier (one of my favorite planes)with a single engine could hold more than a b- 17.

why are we talking about bombers here???we should move to my other subject on 17 vs lanc and talk about it there,this is sopposed to be about the mustang,lol

bet it is and i know how u guys complain about b-17 payload and it was pretty high its just that the bomb bay was tiny and that the usaac preferred armor and defensive guns over huge bomb loads with the surplus power

ok, so the payload of the P-108 is 7,716lbs (i rounded it down) but thats still more than the b-17 and i think the P-108 looks better :) and they only made 35 P-108's, so quite rare too :|

the lancaster kicks ass said:
the argument between the mighty and gracefull lancaster and the crappy B-17 always ends up in every topic at some point
...........lanc,admit it,ive said it before and ill say it again,sure the lanc was a way better bomber,but the fort was a way better plane,the lancaster graceful???? YEA RIGHT,ANYTHING BUT!!!. i think the word you are looking for is clumbersome and large and ugly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back