P38 Air Ambulance

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

eddie_brunette

Senior Airman
Oct 17, 2007
Nelspruit, Mpumalanga

Attachments

• t_p38-air-ambulance.jpg
    t_p38-air-ambulance.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 258
Thats a new one on me too. I know also the Brits tried a canvas bag on the wing of a Spitfire to carry personnel when moving locations but that didnt get past the testing stages really.

Looking at it again, can you imagine how effing loud that would have been in a thin skinned aluminum tube being about a couple feet away from such a huge prop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JESUS! Another case where an engineer meant well. :lol:

I could imagine it wouldn't be the most comfortable ride either. I would assume the thing had to have some ventilation, so it would be stifling hot in the Pacific summer or nut-numbing cold in the winter.

As big as those look you might be able to fit portable oxygen tanks. The big problem would be the cold at high altitude. No place to plug in a heated flight suit's.

You know there were some test pilots maneuvering hard just to jumble around the passengers testing how feasible the pods would be.

1st class gets a window, second class only gets a breathing tube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back