Pacific Spitfires Skins

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Mungo60

Airman
Jun 17, 2017
NW of YWLM
I thought id post some of my Spitfire "Skins" that i make for DCS, ive tried to keep them as historically correct as possible, however the actual model is a IX, but the RAAF PAC Spits were VIII's, anyway hope you like them, i have more in the pipeline.

Sorry about the images disappearing, i was using Photobucket and have changed to IMGUR, ive been a bit slack replacing them and apologise, so I will repost all my latest Spit projects here :
0lAZwDm.jpg

7l24Tqk.jpg

8wPwbJx.jpg

BtLwKpa.jpg

ClNYAl6.jpg

DEQybzP.jpg

JcdPQLP.jpg

kbFsCMJ.jpg

oHirQmz.jpg

punull3.jpg

QbjvTqm.jpg

u5jHYrc.jpg

uu1nyjz.jpg

wV8IO3T.jpg

yRJc47k.jpg

lJ3TEeK.png

Last edited:
Ive finished what i set out to do, these are pics of my final edits, i did 10 so far, maybe more in the future:shock::shock:. Hope you like them, if i have offended any purists out there its because of either conflicting information, lack of colour pictures and lack of info. But im willing to listen and edit where necessary.

Last edited:
These are really good, thanks for posting.

I can add some further pictures of A58-602 RG-V which you might be able to review and correct a couple of things, such as the ace of spades alignment on the rudder, rear stripe (which should align with the fuselage to tail junction and a constant width - sloping towards the rear at the top.) and camo demarcations, Otherwise a very good rendition Mungo. I have not seen a correct profile of this aircraft, even the Eduard profile done recently has flaws. Keep up the good work, I like them all.

ZSdjrGQ.jpg

50NJ4nU.jpg

T3Gy0rm.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks OZ, thanks for your great info mate, i will have a go at fixing them, i also was using the Eduard pics and from pics from the Aussie Eight book, anyway with a bit of tweaking il get there. Thanks for your comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back