Painting Swastikas

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

muller

Tech Sergeant
Apr 7, 2008
Hibernia
Anyone ever tried painting swastikas on their luftwaffe birds when there is no decal provided with the kit? There isn't one with my Revell 109 and I'd like to try and paint one on.

It's a bit of a sod in 1/48th M! It can be done, by masking a square, painting-in a cross, then adding the outer bars. But it would be much easier if you PM me your address, with the details of the type of swastika, ie, plain black, white outline etc, and I'll send you a couple!
Terry.

It's a bit of a sod in 1/48th M! It can be done, by masking a square, painting-in a cross, then adding the outer bars. But it would be much easier if you PM me your address, with the details of the type of swastika, ie, plain black, white outline etc, and I'll send you a couple!
Terry.

hehe, would you mind doing the same for me, Terry? if it's possible? :oops: I've also got the 1/72nd ME-109G

oh, hehe well, I've also got a 1:48 JU-87D Stuka, plus I wanna put a real swastika on my old 1:48 BF-109G

If it's 1/48th, I might be able to help. If it's 1/72nd, I'll have to check, but I doubt it. Let me know, and I'll see what I can do, if I have enough left! I'll need to know which model also, eg, 1/48th Bf109 etc.

If it's 1/48th, I might be able to help. If it's 1/72nd, I'll have to check, but I doubt it. Let me know, and I'll see what I can do, if I have enough left! I'll need to know which model also, eg, 1/48th Bf109 etc.

3 models that need swastikas are:

Revell of Germany 1:48 Messerschmitt BF-109G
Academy 1:72 Messerschmitt BF-109G6
Revell 1:48 Junkers JU-87D Stuka

that's it.

if you're not able to help, Terry, it's ok :)

and I'll give it a little bit of thought, Rochie

You're in luck! I can do the two Bf109's, but nothing suitable for the Stuka, as I'm low on certain sizes, especially as I need some for Muller for his Group Build entry; I'll need to get another assorted sheet I think! I didn't think I had anything small enough for 1/72nd, but I found a couple!
PM an address and I'll get them to you.
Terry.

You're in luck! I can do the two Bf109's, but nothing suitable for the Stuka, as I'm low on certain sizes, especially as I need some for Muller for his Group Build entry; I'll need to get another assorted sheet I think! I didn't think I had anything small enough for 1/72nd, but I found a couple!
PM an address and I'll get them to you.
Terry.

nothign suitable for the Stuka? whaddya mean? the Stuka is the same scale as one of the BF109s. o_O *is confused a little* lol

Cheers Terry, thanks for the offer! :thumbleft:

I was hinting to my colleague today in work, who i know has a sheet of different scale swastikas, but the bastid didn't offer! :lol:

I think I might have a couple on a fujimi decal sheet, but i can't find it, I'll have another look for it, if I have no luck, i'll let you know. Don't know if the scheme i'm building is a plain black swastika or white outline. I know the ones I used on the last 109 I built had a white outline, it was a trop like in my sig pic!

Let me check, Trebor. I think I may have a swastika for the Stuka and others. I have extras and I think you're closer to me than Terry or Wojtec.

Robert, the 'Stuka' had a bigger fin and rudder than the '109, and the swastika (and other National markings) were applied to a fairly rigid proportional scale, measured as a square, in relation to the area of the surface. Apart from that, if I gave all my suitable sized decals away, I wouldn't have any for myself!!

I just answered my own question, it is possible, check my 109k-4 GB thread :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back