Pastels..... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yeah, these are not in the "oil pastels" section....just want to make sure and whatnot. :D Cheers fellas!

I don't know if you can still get them, as I haven't used pastels for ages, but the type you'd get from children's toy shops, with all the 'colouring' stuff, work well too. And they tend to be a LOT cheaper than art shop materials.
There's a chain of toy/craft shops (not 'Toys R Us) the name of which I can't remember, that might have some, as I got some for my daughter when she was younger, and there's probably a branch in Glasgow. I'll have a look when I go into town, hopefully tomorrow.

I just picked up a damaged box of pastels at my fav hobby store for $2. Spent 20 min making sure they weren't oil. Never used them before but I liked the panel line tutorial and gonna give it a try.

I couldn't believe how lucky I was. The box regularily sells for like $10 but it was damaged. Love it! About 8 colors to work with. Once I get to that stage I think I'll have some fun.

Looking forward to it Wayne.....
Btw Terry, 29.99 for the 1/32 Ju-88 and the same for Airfix's two different 1/48 Canberra's, d*mn I was tempted to buy the Canberra...! Might next week just to see what it's like! :oops: The 1/24 Dora-9 is a Trumpeter.

Thanks Jan. The '88 is cheaper at Model Hobbies, but with shipping added, unless getting more than one item, it's about the same. The Canberras sound good, if a little on the high side for price, and that Dora could be amazing....if it's better quality than Ian's Lightning kit! BTW, do you use the LHS that's near, I think, Glasgow Cross? I used to call in to one when in town, and they were darn good.

I use the Jamiesons down at the Saltmarket....great wee shop, everynow and then, you get a cuppa...! Definitely interested in the Canberra, can tell you that! :oops: :lol:

That's the place I was thinking about! Great little shop, and I've still got a brush I bought there back in about 1990!!
I would quite like a Canberra also, but I do think the price is just a touch high. Having said that, it'll be quite large in 48th and, if the detail parts etc are good, then I suppose it may be worth it. Wonder what they'll be asking for the Lightning(s) when they're re-released? Seems daft that the prices are high, when you compare against their last Mossie, BXVI, at about £16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back