Pastels.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I don't know if you can still get them, as I haven't used pastels for ages, but the type you'd get from children's toy shops, with all the 'colouring' stuff, work well too. And they tend to be a LOT cheaper than art shop materials.
There's a chain of toy/craft shops (not 'Toys R Us) the name of which I can't remember, that might have some, as I got some for my daughter when she was younger, and there's probably a branch in Glasgow. I'll have a look when I go into town, hopefully tomorrow.

I just picked up a damaged box of pastels at my fav hobby store for $2. Spent 20 min making sure they weren't oil. Never used them before but I liked the panel line tutorial and gonna give it a try.

I couldn't believe how lucky I was. The box regularily sells for like $10 but it was damaged. Love it! About 8 colors to work with. Once I get to that stage I think I'll have some fun.

Looking forward to it Wayne.....
Btw Terry, 29.99 for the 1/32 Ju-88 and the same for Airfix's two different 1/48 Canberra's, d*mn I was tempted to buy the Canberra...! Might next week just to see what it's like! The 1/24 Dora-9 is a Trumpeter.

Thanks Jan. The '88 is cheaper at Model Hobbies, but with shipping added, unless getting more than one item, it's about the same. The Canberras sound good, if a little on the high side for price, and that Dora could be amazing....if it's better quality than Ian's Lightning kit! BTW, do you use the LHS that's near, I think, Glasgow Cross? I used to call in to one when in town, and they were darn good.

I use the Jamiesons down at the Saltmarket....great wee shop, everynow and then, you get a cuppa...! Definitely interested in the Canberra, can tell you that!

That's the place I was thinking about! Great little shop, and I've still got a brush I bought there back in about 1990!!
I would quite like a Canberra also, but I do think the price is just a touch high. Having said that, it'll be quite large in 48th and, if the detail parts etc are good, then I suppose it may be worth it. Wonder what they'll be asking for the Lightning(s) when they're re-released? Seems daft that the prices are high, when you compare against their last Mossie, BXVI, at about £16.

Users who are viewing this thread