PBY CATALINA

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Excellent progress Boats, brings back long lost memories of building radio controlled gliders and control line models back in the mid 60s, I had nitromethane and balsa coming out of my ears.

Ahoy
Again I would love to thank you fellas for all of your replies a great bunch of fellow, Here is the update ont the build i have the floats assemblies comopleted the assembly unit needs a cleaning up there is a lot of filler that need sanding. Next I will give it a good primeing and sand down the intiore wing unit befopre i cover it with silkspan tissue. As you can see the wigfloats are opperable in the sequence of the photos you will see it retracting the linkage is true to life as the reall machine without the screw jacks going via through the wing to the pilots compatment it take 50 revoloutions on the red crank handle in the cockpit to retract and exstend trhe wingflaots I assumed at the time either it was electrical or hydrolic but its mechanical pure Genious for that time. Tomorrow I should have everything ready for covering and the next step the two huge Pratt and Whitney engines will fill the bill on the Catalina.
Boats:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 99
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 81
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 86
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 95
Ahoy Fellas

thank guys for your most welcomed replioes to my catalina flyingboat. tomorrow i will have her done sorry for not being here with daily updates. you got to keep mama happy I had a huge honey do list for my Mrs. I had to get it done yoe fellas who havbe wives no what i mean if you dont keep mama happy she will take away the glue so i still have my glue and paint I will resu7me to the build. got the intire wing covered and primed with flta white primer paint. tomorrow i will build the engines they wont take long just a couple plastic pieces with wooden formers. once they are built and installe3d its time to give the wing one more final primer coat and finish up with the darg gull gray and decal same. both float assemblies work so when i take the final pictures they will; have the floats up and down. the wing so big its hard to take pictures so i have against my Matson liner SS. LURLINE

boats

Attachments

• PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 110
Heck, that's bigger than Jan's bar bill!
Great stuff Boats, looking forward to seeing that huge wing fitted. Wouldn't mind seeing some pics of that ship too.

Looking forward to the big finish Boats. Sure is a monster!

Ahoy
Thanks my man for your reply I am knocking out the build struts and the props are left and she is done. monster indded she is I had to stand the wing up against my SS LURLINE to get the whole wing in its intirety. thanks for your reply your a good man.

Boats

Heck, that's bigger than Jan's bar bill!
Great stuff Boats, looking forward to seeing that huge wing fitted. Wouldn't mind seeing some pics of that ship too.

Ahoy Terry
your wish is at my cammand, got the wing on and its drying before I set up the struts. all is left is the wingt struts and props and she is good to go I will have her done tonight and tomorrow i will have some outside pictures thanks Terry for your reply Dear si8r.

Boats

Ahoy

down hill slide now fellas she is almost done I have the engine nacelles installed and the wing is completely painted. I just glued down the wing and letting it dry before i laydown the wing struts. all is left on the Behemouth is the wing struts and props and she is good to go. Terry wanted to see some of my Ships I took some pictures along withye PBY By the end of this year I will fini8sh up my Maritime collections inboard of the Matson liner SS LURLINE is the ship I served fleet oiler USS, ASHTABULA AO-51 Here is dumbo and company.

Boats:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• PICT0007.JPG
    PICT0007.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 87
  • PICT0008.JPG
    PICT0008.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 96
  • PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 87
  • PICT0010.JPG