Photo bucket....what is this??

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Photobucket will only go under if the owner allows it to. Fox had deep pockets, but it was sold on a few years ago to a company called Ontela and we may be about to find out how deep its pockets are :)
Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
I understand their decision to increase revenue and control their bandwidth etc, what I am having trouble with is the rather arbitrary way they did it. A longer grace period would be have been nice to allow some chance of a controlled change on the part of users

However, now that they have done so what will drive the success and or failure will be how many people pony up the big money to keep 3rd party links alive. If enough do then I would expect others like Imgur and Flickr and Smugmug to follow suit and raise their prices accordingly for similar services. After all the big money only comes into play if you want to keep the 3rd party links alive. As far as being an image hosting site where others can go look at your pictures very little has changed other than lowering the amount of "free" space.

You could use the clipping tool and save it to your comp just in case.....

upload_2017-7-11_13-5-56.png

Hugh, try to move the mouse cursor over the icon with your avatar at the top bar on right. There should pop-up a menu with option Signature. Click it and you should access the editing window with your current signature seen.Switch to the Basic editor and edit the URL address pasting the one for the new siggy. Then hit the Save button below.

siggy.jpg

Click the Personal Details and scroll down to the Settings section on left. There should be the Signature one.

siggy1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back