Photo bucket....what is this??

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It should be accessible for all, especially Admin or Mods. Sending PM.

From an interview in the Denver Post with John Corpus, Photobucket CEO.

"There is no way to make 100 million global people happy...It wasn't an easy decision. When we look at the community we've built, which is a great community, we want to make sure we have a sustained path to profitability so that we can continue to take care of this community for years to come..."

He also claims to have seen

"our revenue double since we've launched this initiative."

It seems there are enough desperate people out there to fall for Photobucket's ransom demand. I suppose at nearly $400 a month it doesn't need that many mugs for the company to increase its revenue. Many more will have terminated their account and sought a cheaper option, and there are several. Like me they will be feeling that they've been had in a cynical manoeuvre by the company.

From the article.

"Was the customer backlash expected?
Corpus paused. For 12 seconds.
"No," he finally said."

Really?

Cheers

Steve

I suspect a fair number of those who ponied up the ransom did so only until they can make a controlled transition to another method. News organizations and others with literally thousands of images shared. So while PhotoBucket may see a short term revenue rise, I doubt it will last or be long term. A year from now as those high dollar subscriptions fail to renew I think we will see PhotoBucket either be acquired or fold.

I think we will all get one! When (not if) they melt down it will be very public. There is already a distinct drop off in web traffic to their site. Take a look here: https://www.semrush.com/info/photobucket.com?db=us and I suspect this will continue. There is no good way that I am aware of to measure user loss yet, but I suspect it is climbing.

upload_2017-11-13_6-8-44.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back