Pics from the skatepark today!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is me.

l_dc737c5abfd755dae4a2031dde1597d1.png

Boneless handflip.

l_e8e336d8e1c3a8d1f9509b959dae4ebe.png

Boneless.

l_aeaface8c2c1652f7d797d5e1a871afb.png

Boneless 360. (Hard trick)

l_207de81e522ced2555cb833db5536e26.png

Boneless handflip again, which is where you plant your foot and flip the board with your hand and then jump your planted foot off the ground and land on the board. Like a kickflip, but more fun!

Older pics...

l_f4de43078486ab04c083e0f1d9b6a964.png

Longboarding with Travis. From August.

l_43c4d7ca3050b0367527b28c41933bac.png

Like my griptape art?

1177791139_l.jpg

Extremely old, Summer '06. Our own secret pool we drained

Last time I seriously rode a skateboard it had metal wheels - hit a pebble bigger than a BB and it was all over. When I see the sweet boards my boy has it almost makes want to give it another try... almost. I'll ask junior what tricks you are doing in these pics this evening = always funs getting the terminology from boarder dudes: "Come on dad that's a Japan Air with a McTwist followed up with an Indy/foot grab," whatever son.

never got into the skateboard thing. I decided riding a bike was easier and more comfortable. Plus it was great training for getting my crotch rocket!!!!

Last time I had a skate-board, I made it from a 2" X 6" and an old
pair of skates. Man ! You should have seen the scooter I made !
Back in the '40's, it was.....

Charles

:lol: Charles..the only time I was on a skateboard it was flat on my butt, holding on for dear life..soaring down the sidewalk heading for the river. I love to watch, though. Its amazing.

Note, after writing this, if you don't know much about skateboards, you might learn something!

My board is a design from the 80's If you look closely you'll see it's a fishtail. Single wide tail and tiny nose. 9" wide. The wheels are only 59mm but I'm ordering bigger ones from a close friend who owns a skate shop. I'm deeply into the old school. I know about steel wheels and clay wheels. I've ridden them. God I can't imagine. Urethane wheels saved skateboarders from killing themselves while they were OFF the ramps. Haha. I like the small 26" and 28" boards from the 60's and 70's they're great fun to play around on, but will snap in half from a boneless.

The boneless actually came long before the ollie. It was the original means of getting over something without getting off of your board. I prefer it to the ollie because I have a fascination with the roots of skateboarding, and not to mention it has such flare with it compared to the drab ollie. It's like watching a 1995 Chevy Impala drive by and then watching as a low-rider 1964 Impala hops by, with beautiful (tasteful) paint job, chrome spoke rimes, chrome bumpers in perfect shape, and a then next to the guy there's some really hot Latina. Ya catch my drift? Two totally different tricks in term of style.

If you go to a ditch, which we do, like the EZ 7 ditch down in Watonga Park deep in the heart of Houston, there's a lot of veterans from the 80's. They won't really give you nothin' for an ollie out of the ditch and back in, but if you pull a boneless anything, they give you insane cheers, because that's what they grew up on. I do it with a tweak to. Most people keep their boards straight to their direction of skating, I pull my board up and in, as you can see in picture two. It requires a good amount of upper body strength as well as strong legs to get you off the ground. I have both.

I used to be able to ollie extremely well, until I learned how to boneless. I had always wanted to boneless, because they were so stylish and neat looking. But I learned how and now I have to re-learn my ollies. :oops: But it's okay, it won't take long, it's just that the board I'm using is frickin heavy and I can only get it half an inch off the ground if I'm lucky. It's because the trucks are designed for longboards, not old school decks.

One night I had the urge to skate it, because it was brand new, a virgin board (so tempting) and I took the trucks off of my longboard (the only trucks out of about 6 sets wide enough) and slapped 'em on. The only wheels I had are Kryptonics Route 59s. 59mm, 85 durometer. (Durometer is the hardness, for you guys unfamiliar with skating, I'll explain.)

The wheels I use are usually bigger, and softer, because I usually ride the streets at night, and because I can't see, if I hit something I want to absorb the impact and roll over it. Longboards (boards anywhere from 36" long up (but there are sub-categories, like ditchboards, cruisers, pin-tails, etc.)) typically use wheels larger than 65mm in diameter. I use 72mm wheels. Longboard wheels are always softer because you need traction on rough surfaces and like NASCAR and F1, they heat up and give you more grip. My wheels are 75 durometer. Very soft, they cannot handle much abuse from hard landings. My Route 59s are 85, medium soft, but still retain enough durability that they can handle all the abuse from tricks.

Understand? The trucks I'm ordering will be lighter than the ones that are temporarily on my board now because they are machined to be light, and hollowed in certain places where they can be, to save weight. Therefore less effort is needed to pop the board into the air, saving energy, sweat, and getting me higher up. The trucks on my board now are specific to longboards, and are over a decade old. They are solid aluminum, not hollowed, and have massive parts. They weigh a ton. But they work great on a longboard, because they provide momentum! Which is what a longboard is for... speed! I weigh close to 200 pounds. I will out-race anyone on my longboard because of the momentum of my body mass.

I'll put this where we can all understand. If two of the exact same prop-driven aircraft are in a friendly diving competition, (same engine, same model, everything, same fuel, hypothetically pilots with the same skill) and one aircraft has full drop tanks, and they are cruising at 250mph lvl at 7,000 feet, they dive at the EXACT same time, same altitude, EVERYTHING IS IMPOSSIBLY SYNHCRONIZED, which will dive faster? The aircraft with more weight in this case.

So bombing a hill (which means skating really fast down a large inclined road, or hill of asphalt, preferably, because concrete is deadly) I will end up going faster, theoretically. But there are about 10,000 other factors involved, especially wind resistance. That is why we crouch down like in pictures 5 and 6. Granted Travis and I were only going about 20 mph, but at anyspeed being 195 pounds you have to deal with the air resistance. Theirs a lot of physics involved in just longboarding.

I hope everyone learned something today, and I'm really serious, if you want to know something, ask. I most likely know the answer. If you've heard some wierd name for a trick, and you want to know what the f*ck it is, I'll explain it to you, or post a pic. :) Skateboarding is my 2nd anti-depressent. After Zoloft. :) Then comes history! :)

I'm sure some of you have questions! I'm gonna take more pics today, 'cause my friend Anthony's coming down for the first time in forever, since it's my b-day party up there.

I hope these guys I beat up for makin' fun of me aren't there. Because it's gonna be my birthday party, and everyone of my friends is gonna be there, and Anthony can fight, and will fight beside me. I'm gonna put a knife in his car in case they decide the bring a weapon. I don't put up with p*ssy knife fights. You can fight with your fists, but when you've got a knife and they've got nothing that's pretty cheap and quite frankly the party with the weapons looks like the p*ssy. I can disarm a person with a knife, but not 2 or 3. I'm gonna leave 'em alone, but if they want to start anything, I'm gonna restrain myself. I don't need to fight. I hate fighting. I only fought because I forgot my morning meds and the adrenaline took over.

I was taking pics of my friend Tommy and I started twitching with my Tourette's, and this guy spoke up and said, "oh look, a tweak, did you have too much caffeine today?" and laughed. I told him that I have Tourette's Syndrome and I can't help it. His dumb buddy who thinks he's so damn funny made some fake "Tourette's cussing" and I said, "I don't have that kind of Tourette's." He said who the **** cares you're still a freak and I told him to watch who you're dealing with. I showed him my skinless knuckles and he was was still mocking me. When I asked this hot sh*t 20-23 year old steroid-injected, small-d*cked poser if he was having fun making fun of someone with problems, he said yeah, I am. So I said, f*ck you you c*nt, go take your crap to the Woodlands bowl. I've got about 15 people here who will back me up, I'm well known and I don't know who you think you are, but I'm bi-polar and I have Tourette's, please do not get me started.

And as I walked off and sat down with my friends talking and trying to ignore his annoying b*tch friend in the black hoodie, and honestly what he was doing at the skatepark, I don't know, he had no board, he wasn't skating, so all he was doing was wasting space and our frickin' air. As they were leaving he made fake twitches, faces, fake cussing, and he was saying, and I quote, "Come on outside the fence you Tourette's freak, you little p*ssy" and I grabbed my board and ran out there. I hit him with board, he pushed me down, punched him in the face which knocked him down, his friend came at me, hit him in the gut with a right and then a left to the face, and then they my friend Tommy grabbed my shoulder in the heat of the moment to try and calm me down and I punched him next to the nose and he punched me in the cheek, and I saw that there were about 8-10 of my buddies behind me, trying to calm me down, telling those guys that I would **** them up, and they helped me up when I fell, and I knew that I had some damn good friends. In a split second I grabbed my board again and smashed the guy's windshield and a third guy said "Oh no no no, ****!" and he came at me and he swung and I ducked, as I came up I punched him in the gut and followed through, deep into his stomach. Somewhere in the middle one of the guys hit my in the brow but I never felt it until I was in the car with Tommy and we got out of there, I said "Am I bleeding?", and he said "Yeah, you got a small gash on your eyebrow."

Anyways, before we left, I was trying to find my glasses as the guys were fleeing in their truck, because I wouldn't stay down for more than a second, and that same b*stard who was telling me to come out and fight was still taunting me from HIS FRIEND'S truck, so as they triend to get out of there, I tried the grab the driver's head and smash it into the dash but they backed out too fast so I got ahold of the mirror and broke it clean off. They were about 20 feet away in drive, sitting there, and yelled, "That kid is crazy, he should be locked up in a mental hospital!" and I yelled back, "Don't f*ck with me, I don't want you bringing your negative bulsh*t to this skatepark again!" and that same lil f*cker who started it all and caused his friend's truck to get screwed up mocked me again and as I started to get up and run at the truck with my board, my good friend Tommy was like, "Man we gotta get outta here before the cops come." Mind you this is the same guy I punched in the middle of an adrenaline-fueled fight, but he's a close friend, so he understood, but he got me back anyways. My cheek's a lil swollen. :)

Well like I said I have not been on a skate board since the 80s. I just know one thing the main reason I would never get on a skateboard again is because now that I am older I think too much about it, "Ummm that could hurt!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back