Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

AD-4A of VA-65 NAS Alameda

AD-4NAsofAttackSquadronSixty-FiveVA-65onthegroundatNavalAirStationNASAlameda_zps2f903263.jpg

AIchi D3A1 'EI-208' IJN Shokaku over TF-17 May 8th battle of the Coral Sea 1942 PINI. In the photo 'EI-208' looks to be in white. I checked my sources again and they show to be in red letters. I almost replaced the red letters on the D3A1 with white ones, but decided that wouldn't match up with what the other sources show is red.
AIchi D3A1 'EI-208' IJN Shokaku over TF-17 May 8th battle of the Coral Sea 1942 PINI.png

AIchi D3A1 'EI-208' IJN Shokaku over TF-17 May 8th battle of the Coral Sea 1942 PINI. In the photo 'EI-208' looks to be in white. I checked my sources again and they show to be in red letters. I almost replaced the red letters on the D3A1 with white ones, but decided that wouldn't match up with what the other sources show is red.
View attachment 781937

The pic seems to be taken with using of a filter ( possible the yellow or red one ). It caused that the red became very light while the yellow and the white looked almost the same. What makes the matter worse , the pic was taken in the full sunlight what made the red looking even more lighter. Also it can be noticed that the number is slightly darker ( similar to the red disk of the hinomaru ) than the white band and the hinomaru outline. So I vote for the red number though.

The pic seems to be taken with using of a filter ( possible the yellow or red one ). It caused that the red became very light while the yellow and the white looked almost the same. What makes the matter worse , the pic was taken in the full sunlight what made the red looking even more lighter. Also it can be noticed that the number is slightly darker ( similar to the red disk of the hinomaru ) than the white band and the hinomaru outline. So I vote for the red number though.
Thank you! My eyes are not what they used to be. The knowledge is also very useful for future projects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back