Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think they made a twin pulse-jet version as well.

Yes it was the projectile aircraft 16XA Priboy ...

16x.jpg

the source: the net.

Nice pics and information, guys :thumbleft:

Sugamo Prison.

Court as the exercise space for class A prisoners
Sugamo_Prison_03.jpg

Tojo's cell No.4(left) and cells for seven class A prisoners. The right one cell is for Tojo(right)
Sugamo_Prison_04.jpg

Building for class As. Originally a building for female prisoners till 1945
Sugamo_Prison_05.jpg

Source: Prison of the Century - Sugamo Prison : Photo Collection (1982)

The pictures of Sugamo Prison reminded me of something. When I was about11 years old, living in Tokyo, our family went To Yokohama (I think) to an auction of seized German property. This was stuff that had been owned by Germans living in Japan during the War. Whether they were Embassy people or just who they were I don't know. I remember bidding on a few items and winning a pair of maple skis and a box of German 78 rpm phonograph records. These were mostly marches and military music. I have tried to find information about these German seized property auctions in about 1949 but I have found nothing. Shinpachi, you are the research genius- have you heard of this?

The pictures of Sugamo Prison reminded me of something. When I was about11 years old, living in Tokyo, our family went To Yokohama (I think) to an auction of seized German property. This was stuff that had been owned by Germans living in Japan during the War. Whether they were Embassy people or just who they were I don't know. I remember bidding on a few items and winning a pair of maple skis and a box of German 78 rpm phonograph records. These were mostly marches and military music. I have tried to find information about these German seized property auctions in about 1949 but I have found nothing. Shinpachi, you are the research genius- have you heard of this?
German citizens in Japan seemed to be sent back to Germany by the Allied vessels in four times from February 1947 to the end of the year or early 1948.

1st by "Marine Jumper(from Yokosuka)" for 1,100 citizens plus 100 from Shanghai. Most of them were war-crime suspects.

2nd by "General Black(from Yokohama)" for the following 4 attaches of German Embassy in Tokyo.

Mr. Wolfgang Galinsky (born in 1910)

Mr. Franz Xrapf (1911)

Dr. Richard Breuer (1912)

Mrs. Lore Kordt(1915)

3rd and 4th were provided for the rest ordinary citizens but ports are unknown.
Total citizens were about 3,000.

Belongings for boarding were restricted to minimum except Mr. Franz Xrapf for unknown reason.

Source: Waseda University Repository

German citizens in Japan seemed to be sent back to Germany by the Allied vessels in four times from February 1947 to the end of the year or early 1948.

1st by "Marine Jumper(from Yokosuka)" for 1,100 citizens plus 100 from Shanghai. Most of them were war-crime suspects.

2nd by "General Black(from Yokohama)" for the following 4 attaches of German Embassy in Tokyo.

Mr. Franz Xrapf (1911)

Mrs. Lore Kordt(1915)

Belongings for boarding were restricted to minimum except Mr. Franz Xrapf for unknown reason.

Thank you for this information. It is a virtually unknown thing.

Mr. Franz Xrapf (1911)

Mrs. Lore Kordt(1915)

Apparently his name was "Krapf". German Diplomat Franz Krapf Passport 1936 | Passport-collector.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back