Picture of the day. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

avenger_E_zpshzyjnbjq.png

Three sisters: The Rio Hudson (HMS Avenger), the Rio Parana (HMS Biter) and Rio de la Plata (HMS Charger) on the slips at the Sun Shipbuilding Drydock Co., Chester, Pa, USA....

These were sent to me by Guttorm a couple of years ago. He also sent me two pieces from this craft. One is a small I.D. tag and the other is a inspection cover. What I can read off of the tag from top to bottom is;

Junkers Flugzeug-und-Motorenwerke AO
Dessau Serie-38862.10/17L
Ziechn.-88.614
F.M. 1239

Between the F.M. and the 1239 there is a soft triangle stamped with what looks like a capitol L directly over a 7. And beneath the Dessau is a sharp triangle with somewhat stickperson with outstretched and somewhat upraised arms. Oh and on the back of the tag Guttorm wrote Ju88 C-2 RIGHT. 57AB.

Attachments

• c2 crash.jpg
    c2 crash.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 184
  • Flyhav..jpg
    Flyhav..jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 180
  • Tysk fly 1.jpg
    Tysk fly 1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 176
  • Tysk fly 3.jpg
    Tysk fly 3.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 207
  • Tysk fly.jpg
    Tysk fly.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Emperor_E_zpsuuzl5iyr.jpg

HMS Emperor during her Atlantic crossing from New York to the Clyde, carrying a ferry load of Avenger aircraft. Heavy u-boat activity in the Atlantic forced the convoy to make a more northerly track and the ships encountered ice floe and snow.

Emperor-03_zpsejlppjzn.jpg
Emperor-04_zps9t6vrbvv.jpg

Harsh weather conditions, crew members in the bow of HMS Emperor, somewhere in the North Sea...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back