Picture of the day.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is obviously a staged shot of a No19 wireless set inside a Sherman. No tankie in the history of tanks ever had a white shirt for longer than 0.2 seconds

99958.jpg

More for Andy... :lol:

View attachment 503247

the pic source: the net...

This Fw 190 A-5 W.Nr. 1197, was flown by Oblt. Otto Stammberger, Staffelkapitan of 4./JG 26, between 26 February and 13 May 1943. On the latter date he was shot down by Spitfires near St. Omer while flying an Fw 190 A-4, W.Nr. 0739, 'white 9'. He was still in the aircraft when the fuel tank exploded and although he bailed out, his parachute had been damaged by fire. He hit the ground hard, suffering a concussion and burns. He eventually recovered but was declared unfit for further combat flying. Book; Focke-Wulf Fw 190 Volume One 1938-1943, Page 264

A captured Soviet I-16, a French Morane-Saulnier M.S.406 and a German Heinkel He 115 floatplane, all belonging to the Finnish Air Force. Tampere, Finland, date unknown but taken during the Continuation War for sure.

View attachment 503535
You have to admire the ground crews. Almost all their aircraft were made of hand me downs from almost every nation, English, American, French, Russian and German. I'm only surprised by the missing Italian and Japanese. Keeping them flying must have been a nightmare

You have to admire the ground crews. Almost all their aircraft were made of hand me downs from almost every nation, English, American, French, Russian and German. I'm only surprised by the missing Italian and Japanese. Keeping them flying must have been a nightmare

Italy was represented - Fiat G.50. Served during both the Winter War and the Continuation War.

Fiat_G50.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back