Picture of the day. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

75 years ago today, Feb 23 1945; one of the most famous photographs of all time was taken

1img.jpg

".... Sorry, Mike, if you don't like my comment.
I guess I'm not a big fan of snuff photos."

I don't think Gnomey is a "big fan of snuff photos" either Greg.
The reality is that such photos exist .. and they document real events ... not simply the actions of psychopaths.

".... Sorry, Mike, if you don't like my comment.
I guess I'm not a big fan of snuff photos."

I don't think Gnomey is a "big fan of snuff photos" either Greg.
The reality is that such photos exist .. and they document real events ... not simply the actions of psychopaths.
Not making more out of it but yes it happend, yes there is a picture, yes it is appropiate to post, but the comment is not i think. Staff member or not, humourosly ment perhaps, but no.

IMO, each of the Mods has their own style of monitoring proceedings ... Gnomey uses that phrase as a signature that he is observing .... I am sure he didn't reflect on the photo posted ....
Greg only had to dislike the photo and everyone would understand .... if it wasn't my post I would have have used 'informative' to indicate that I had reservations or mixed feelings.

I don't have a problem with the photograph itself, which merely documents an execution. It was the juxtaposition of Gnomey's comment, which may not have been intended to appear immediately following that particular image, which appeared to me crass and insensitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back