Picture of the day. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Original WWII Photo of GI's MODEL FIGHTERS 1945 MANILA Luzon Philippines 104 | eBay

And you think you have trouble building a Tamiya kit?

1602671999047.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The gun ports have been covered with a fabric patch, so are not visible. This was done because of dust. In the A-20 picture thread elsewhere on this forum are piccies of this gun port covered in fabric prior to firing.
This is the configuration I was talking about:
242.jpg

Maybe those gun ports were not always covered in the early years? But it' possible that the a/c with the shark's mouth has a patch though. I've seen fabric patches on standard Boston-bombers from the 47-th BG. but from later days:
2.jpg

The above photos are from 47th Bombardment Group.
Cheers!

Last edited:
... the A-20 keeps growing on me. Easy to see why it was so useful to so many. With the solid nose it is the P-47 of light twins , IMO, the Mosquito being the Mustang. :)

U.S. Navy Douglas XTBD-1 Devastator torpedo bomber in flight near NAS Anacostia October 14, 1935. The Devastator was a very good aircraft and state of the art - when it was first flown in 1935. It had the misfortune to only see combat six and a half years later, during an era of rapid aeronautic advances. In 1942, it would prove to be meat on the table for the Japanese Zero.

!!!U.S.+Navy+Douglas+XTBD-1+Devastator+torpedo+bomber+in+flight+near+NAS+Anacostia+October+14,...jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back