Picture of the day. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The gun ports have been covered with a fabric patch, so are not visible. This was done because of dust. In the A-20 picture thread elsewhere on this forum are piccies of this gun port covered in fabric prior to firing.
This is the configuration I was talking about:

Maybe those gun ports were not always covered in the early years? But it' possible that the a/c with the shark's mouth has a patch though. I've seen fabric patches on standard Boston-bombers from the 47-th BG. but from later days:

The above photos are from 47th Bombardment Group.
Cheers!

Last edited:
... the A-20 keeps growing on me. Easy to see why it was so useful to so many. With the solid nose it is the P-47 of light twins , IMO, the Mosquito being the Mustang.

U.S. Navy Douglas XTBD-1 Devastator torpedo bomber in flight near NAS Anacostia October 14, 1935. The Devastator was a very good aircraft and state of the art - when it was first flown in 1935. It had the misfortune to only see combat six and a half years later, during an era of rapid aeronautic advances. In 1942, it would prove to be meat on the table for the Japanese Zero.

Users who are viewing this thread