Picture of the day. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Germans' archive
US Rangers embarking on the South Coast for Overlord, 1944

o-AMERICAN-TROOPS-WITH-THEIR-EQUIPMENT-900.jpg

"... would guess most of those men had family members/friends that were caught up in Stalin's purge."
Some, no doubt ... but, remember there was a complete SS Division that was Muslim ... inspected by Himmler and the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem.
"... They look better equipped than standard German troops"
Probably a mix of SS kit ... which was generally 'better'.

KLA Auschwitz archive..

View attachment 507866

I must say, this photo (and many more like it) breaks my heart. It's one of the reasons I had to give up some lucrative projects years ago, you cannot see these pictures and not get massively emotional, especially day after day. Even now, this one almost brings me to tears, but it's the kind of thing that must NEVER be forgotten and must NEVER happen again. Sorry, didn't mean to preach, but spend ten minutes with a Holocaust survivor and your perspective on life is changed forever, spend a year with several and you'll need medication and therapy.

Binoculars hanging in front, pistol at his side and a map case by his side too. This man was asking to be selected by a sniper.

Agreed, also considering Wurgers post #12350 I could be convinced real easy to pull the trigger. An unfair statement I admit but them's the breaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back