Picture up-loading problem ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I had Adblocker software running on the previous version of this site and there used to be an icon that showed that. I don't see that icon anymore and to be honest, I don't know how to find the blocker any more though I'm not getting ads. I can't find adblocker software on my list and there is nothing in the Chrome set up on ad blocking except for pop ups which are blocked.

Sometimes the Adblock can work incorrectly but if you don't see the Adblock icon at the top bar on the right it means you don't have that soft installed. Still the issue with the uploader?

Fixed it. For some reason, my Adobe Flash Player was turned off on the site. I tapped the icon below and turned it on and the uploader now works.

Capture.JPG

So.. it was the Flash Player. To be honest I started to think about that too but was not sure if the newest Chrome still runs that plugin. Glad you found that. :thumbright:

Andy, I run Adblocker as well and it rarely shows up on Chrome but it is still running. I'm starting to have the same problems on Chrome, even doing as you suggested with the Flash Player and I just upgraded it after you spotted the problem. Mine icon will go away when I turn it on but comes right back when I try to post. I'm doing this on Firefox which now seems to be running better than Chrome, at least for me. Here's what I'm seeing when I click the "Upload a File" button, first Chrome and then Firefox. Note that the Chrome box was opaque up until this post....

test.JPG

test1.JPG

Yep, same here. I have not yet found a way to stop the icon from reappearing every time I open the site. I've even made sure I allow the flash player to run on all sites and this site in particular:

Capture.JPG

Right now, I have to click the little icon every time I'm on the site to allow plugins to run "this time" as there is no other option.

I just ran a test on Chrome going to 5 sites that I log into and can make comments. This is the only site the icon shows up in and like you, this is the only site that I added to allow Flash

Well...it was too good to last. Firefox is back in forever refresh mode. The odd thing is, it doesn't do it for every thread. The good thing is I can still use the "Upload a File" button to post multiple pics.......so far.

Something to do with this site I think. The plug-in blocker icon only appears when you open a thread. It's not present in the home page or "New Posts" listing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back