Pictures of Cold War aircraft. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A U.S. Navy Grumman A-6E Intruder from Attack Squadron VA-34 Blue Blasters landing on the aircraft carrier USS America
(CV-66). VA-34 was assigned to Carrier Air Wing 1 (CVW-1) aboard the America for a deployment to the Mediterranean
Sea and the Indian Ocean from 7 December 1982 to 2 June 1983.

Iranian troopers posing for a photograph with the engine of a downed plane! No info about date and place, unfortunately.

Also, the caption says "probably Tupolev Tu-22 Blinder", can someone confirm or deny this?

Maybe in the Helion series could be something about that.

I don't have all about Irán-Iraq war, only the first one (the first year or little more) and don't remember anything about a Tu-22 shot down but will try to see.

Maybe in the Helion series could be something about that.

I don't have all about Irán-Iraq war, only the first one (the first year or little more) and don't remember anything about a Tu-22 shot down but will try to see.
Judging by ground and uniforms, it seems to be in Khuzestan area. This might be helpful. I know about several [according to Iranian sources] Tu-16 Badgers were lost / downed during first six months.

Users who are viewing this thread

• GTX