Pictures of Cold War aircraft.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I had no idea B47's were also produced by Lockheed. And the early C130's had three bladed props.
Yep - Lockheed built 385 B-47s. The first C-130 props were electric driven

1669494605081.png

F-104G Starfighter aircraft parked on the flight line at sunset, Luke Air Force Base, Arizona, 29 November 1982. The
aircraft are being used by the 69th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron to train German pilots.

ARIGHT_1.jpg

A U.S. Navy Grumman A-6E Intruder from Attack Squadron VA-34 Blue Blasters landing on the aircraft carrier USS America
(CV-66). VA-34 was assigned to Carrier Air Wing 1 (CVW-1) aboard the America for a deployment to the Mediterranean
Sea and the Indian Ocean from 7 December 1982 to 2 June 1983.

AUSNAV_1.JPE

Iranian troopers posing for a photograph with the engine of a downed plane! No info about date and place, unfortunately.

Also, the caption says "probably Tupolev Tu-22 Blinder", can someone confirm or deny this?

Maybe in the Helion series could be something about that.

I don't have all about Irán-Iraq war, only the first one (the first year or little more) and don't remember anything about a Tu-22 shot down but will try to see.

Maybe in the Helion series could be something about that.

I don't have all about Irán-Iraq war, only the first one (the first year or little more) and don't remember anything about a Tu-22 shot down but will try to see.
Judging by ground and uniforms, it seems to be in Khuzestan area. This might be helpful. I know about several [according to Iranian sources] Tu-16 Badgers were lost / downed during first six months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back