Polikarpov Fighters (Pic heavy) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Peshka's on my short list of kits to get. Doing Lily Litvyak's Yak-1b - now there's an idea. I like the later Yaks more (I'm doing a Yak-9M now), but I might just have to do that Yak-1b. You mention a MiG-3 - is that original and/or flyable?!

Venganza

The MiG-3 coming to the museum is, as far as I am aware, both original and flyable. It is, at the very least, flyable. They have some pics of it in flight at the museum but they haven't brought it to the states from Russia just yet. I'm really looking forward to it. The MiG is a beautiful plane and it is also highly underrated. It wasn't the best performer at the beginning of the war, but if aces like Pokryshkin liked it, then there was definitely something to it.

Hope you dont mind but I've added a few shots from the CAF Airsho' last year.

This one didn't actually leave the ground during the weekend....real shame !...but to give the ground crew credit, they where working flat out on her in the sun !.

Thanks again for the photos, Gary. I'll take as many I-16 photos as you can throw at me. Besides, I think you've got this warbird photography thing down better than I do.

I would like to contribute to this thread with these pictures; a Polikarpov I-16 Mosca/Rata (Fly/Rat) and a Polikarpov I-153, both of them based in Spain. The first one belongs to "Fundacion Infante de Orleans", Madrid, and the second one is owned by "Fundació Parc Aeronàutic de Catalunya", Sabadell. Both of them were adquired to the New Zealand pilot and entrepreneur Tim Wallis' Alpine Fighter Collection.

You can find more pictures here: AviationCorner.net - Fotografía aeronáutica - Punto de encuentro para spotters en español

PD: The Polikarpov I-153 Chaika never took part in the Spanish Civil War

Attachments

• avc_00085136.jpg
    avc_00085136.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 163
  • avc_00138180.jpg
    avc_00138180.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 181
Nice photos. I like seeing all the upclose detail. I saw that one of the planes had Elena written on it (I can read Russian). Was this plane one of the Night Witches planes?

Saw an I-16 in St. Petersburg a couple of years ago at the Naval museum. They had it hanging on the ceiling, I think I have a picture of it somewhere. I'll post it if I can find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back