Polikarpovs, anyone? Bonus content included... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Violator

Airman 1st Class
Jun 15, 2007
Seattle
Yesterday was another flying day for the FHC at Paine Field. The theme was Russian aircraft, so they flew their Po-2 and I-16. The third aircraft, although airworthy, only taxied. It was still quite a treat. Cheers!

Attachments

• r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 172
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 182
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 178
  • r4.jpg
    r4.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 164
  • r5.jpg
    r5.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 154
  • r6.jpg
    r6.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 160
  • r7.jpg
    r7.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 157
  • r8.jpg
    r8.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 175
I also love the I-16. I went to the 2010 Wanaka airshow hoping to see one up close, but was dissapointed that not one was in attendance!

Great pics mate! Who owns the MiG-29?

Thanks A4K. The Flying Heritage Collection owns all three planes, although the MiG is not usually on display with the others. The rumor I've heard is that Paul Allen hangars it at Boeing Field in Seattle, ~30 miles south of Paine Field. John Sessions, a Seattle attorney who founded Historic Flight Foundation (also located at Paine Field) purchased the MiG from the Ukraine. It was restored by an outfit in Arlington, WA (about 20 minutes north of Paine Field) and shortly thereafter it was announced that Sessions had sold the plane to FHC. Another rumor is that Sessions has a couple more 29s waiting to be restored. Let's hope so!

Great stuff! The I-16 is something else to see, but looks like quite a handful to fly. I once heard someone say that if you could fly the I-16, you could fly anything.

The warbird world swirls with rumors. I have also heard of a couple of 29s, but until I see them, I'm not holding my breath. I couldn't imagine what it must cost to own, fuel and maintain something like that. Could you imagine how much an annual would cost for something like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back