Porsche 934 Vaillant 1/12 scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vic Balshaw

Major General
Jul 20, 2009
Canberra
Manufacturer: Tamiya
Model: Porsche 934 Vaillant #12056**14800 - with seat harness and photo-etched detail
Scale: 1/12
Added extras: Some scratch wiring

Having already built a 1/12 scale Porsche 935 Martini. Beside the fact that I love building these larger detailed cars, I thought this one would look nice sitting next to it on the shelf.

20220406 - 1.JPG

20220406 - 2.JPG

20220406 - 3.JPG

20220406 - 4.JPG

;)

Before I get going on these larger kits, I like to get organised.

20220408 1.JPG

The paint list.

20220408 2.JPG

20220408 3.JPG

Sorting out what is coloured what.

20220408 4.JPG

20220408 5.JPG

Getting the sprue identified for easy access of parts prior to prepping, painting or fitting.

Next step some heavy masking.

:oops:

This will be fun to watch. While I've not built a car model since, ummm, 1955-56, I'm sure the kits have improved. Although all have bodies, hoods (bonnets) and wheels :p

It will be fun having Ralph as I have already built a similar Porsche and now what I'm in for. Roundabout 1955-56 I remember building some small scale vintage car kits, think they may have been Matchbox, they came in little plastic bags and the kits ended up more glue than plastic. But 1955-56 was a time I remember well and a couple of years ago I built a couple of kits reflecting that time, these will appear in my Vic's Builds - Flying - Floating and Riding thread sometime soon. :D

Probably a bit later, the 60's, AMT, Revell started to produce some kits that lit up a teens eyes (that and girls). If I can dig deep enough I just may have a kit or two that was never started/finished in the barn storage.

I did a heap of spraying yesterday and this morning overs prayed with a protective coat. The colour has not come out all that well in the picture and it is definitely a little brighter than shown.

20220419 1.JPG

After stripping back this masking I will mask round the window and door seals the repaint to try and give a rubber effect.

:D

About 45 years ago I had embarked onto building a 911 Jaegermeister - having done a horrible paint job, a friend of mine suggested to remove the paint and
redo the job. Not a bad idea I thought, taking his advice to fill a bowl with turpentine and place the car into it............. I think that is how soft-ice-cream was invented.

Regards
Jagdflieger

About 45 years ago I had embarked onto building a 911 Jaegermeister - having done a horrible paint job, a friend of mine suggested to remove the paint and
redo the job. Not a bad idea I thought, taking his advice to fill a bowl with turpentine and place the car into it............. I think that is how soft-ice-cream was invented.

Regards
Jagdflieger
Our friend above (Wojtek) is probably having a good chuckle as well as I. I had to strip a build some years back and he suggested hydraulic fluid, it worked a treat and I still have an almost full bottle sitting in my garage now, you never know. :D

Lots of parts and tight corners to get into there Vic but looks like you nailed it. Odd how some colours are affected by cameras and computer screens more than others. I find that RAF Dark Earth plays chameleon sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back