V3000S German Truck - 1/72 Scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have to show some progress?? I believe I could build a full size one of these in the same amount of time it is taking me to put together these miniature components. Still having fun though, haven't sacrificed any parts to the 'grey carpet from hell'. The grey paint will be next at this component level. That and the treating the 'rust' colors to look more like rusty. I'm going to treat the springs and wheel assemblies with a steel color. Axles and drive components will be painted the German Grey though.
Progress 1.jpg

Nice Ralph but so small, too small for my clumsy fingers. :D
Not so much the size of the part but the cleaning up the sprue connections and part line flash that is challenging. About to get an eye sight adjustment (cataract removals) that will hopefully allow better focus when working at this scale. Slow and patience is the operative now.

Not so much the size of the part but the cleaning up the sprue connections and part line flash that is challenging. About to get an eye sight adjustment (cataract removals) that will hopefully allow better focus when working at this scale. Slow and patience is the operative now.
Good luck with cataract Ralph, had one done just on 18 months ago followed by membrane removal early on last year. Could now walk around without glasses but as I have been wearing them since eight years old, I feel kind of naked without them and as I still need lenses for close work tend to wear them all the time. :D

You need some of these Ralph. I rarely use clippers to remove parts any more

George. Will take a bit of getting used to, but the couple of medium sprus I severed came off completly clean. None of that pinching deformation clean up needed. I did not try and cut really close, left a little nub to file/sand, but really impressed with the clean ends!

Paint applied. Some touch up will be required once I assemble the doors, hood, and such. Kit coming together as I had hoped. Fragile, but together.

I plan on an open hood and open drivers door.

Any suggestions on how to make rust paints more rusty looking? I tried mixing with greys and blacks.

Also, I plan on dulling down some silver paint for the headlight lenses but am not sure if I should just paint a thin horizontal strip on the lens area or paint the full lens area?

V3000S Pieces3.jpg

V3000S Box Support.jpg

V3000S Assembled.jpg

V3000S Motor.jpg

V3000S Frame bottom.jpg

Just a thought with the rust, after applying the paint if you have some red dust, give it a light dusting over. The effect should change the almost even paint coulour to a more uneven effect. Try on a spare piece of plastic first though. I'd hate to be the one who botched up you lovely lorry. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back