Porsche 934 Vaillant 1/12 scale (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Almost had a major disaster yesterday evening when I pulled the window blind in my hobby room and it fell away from the clamps holding it at the top of the window, the whole lot collapsed onto my model parts. Luckily no damage to the vehicle bodywork but all the parts I still have to has ended up scattered across the room. Only time will tell if I still have them all or if any are damaged.

Didn't do any work on it today but have some pics from yesterdays marathon build.....................

View attachment 669665

View attachment 669666

View attachment 669667

View attachment 669668

View attachment 669669
It was not easy getting that engine to fit into the engine compartment and for everything to line up...................but we made it.
:D

I can't imagine that 'Oh NO!' moment. Hope you dont have a 'grey carpet from hell' like most of us do. Great metallic finishing on the components...jealous.

You've got me hanging on every word Andy.............................😂..I'll move on...............
Have started work on the front end...........
The dash panel......
20220522 1.JPG

20220522 2.JPG

The kit provided little clear plastic lenses for each dial, but I prefer using PVA (pic 1). As you can see with pic 2, the dried PVA has little or no reflection and a clear sight of the dials.

20220522 3.JPG

The dash in situ, again little or no reflection on the dials.

20220522 4.JPG

20220522 5.JPG

Pic 4 shows the initial installation of the oil tank, battery and water bottle (tucked in the corner behind the oil tank). Pic 5 I've added the heater, hydraulic fluid bottles, fire extinguishers, steering arm and radiators. :D

Last edited:
Thanks for looking in folks..................Slow progress today, only a couple of shots.....

20220523 1.JPG

Installed the fuel tank, fuse box and safety bar.

20220523 2.JPG

Close-up of the fuse box which has a cover but with detail down to the fuses, its a shame to cover it. :D

Thanks for calling in guys....................moving on, played with the seat and harness then the cockpit safety frame.

20220524 1.JPG

All the bits needed for the seat and harness, etched detail buckles, fabric belt straps and of course, plastic seat.

20220524 2.JPG

20220524 3.JPG

Cockpit safety frame which in respect to the rest of the kit, was the roughest of moulding and had to do a lot of scraping and filing to get rid of mould lines and ejector marks.

20220524 4.JPG

20220524 5.JPG

Frame fitted which basically completes the internal installment of component parts. Next up we start on the external bodywork.
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back